The Guild, formed in 1984, is a not for profit Community group which aims to foster the appreciation of wood and all aspects of working with wood by providing members and visitors with:
- a meeting place (Hut 11 at the Ballarat airport)
- access to and guidance on the use of woodworking equipment (see any Committee member)
- access to a lending library of books, magazines videos and DVD’s
- receipt of a monthly newsletter (either hard copy or to your email address)
- availability of slabbed and cut wood at discounted prices
- a small in-house shop for specific woodworking support items
- social interaction of members (morning tea is available at a nominal 20c)
- an exchange of ideas and skills between Guild members and with like Clubs
- the opportunity to participate in community support activities (eg the annual 3BA Christmas toy appeal, Ballarat Special School and other local community groups)
- the opportunity to participate in our annual Wood Show with its associated raffle
- the chance to promote the Guild’s diverse activities by demonstrating and selling your products at public events
- an annual bus trip to Melbourne’s major woodworking suppliers.
Clubroom open times
The clubroom is open between 9am and Noon each Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Regular meetings are held on the first and third Monday of each month starting at 7 pm, with additional activities eg. Furniture Group, Toymakers, Bandsaw, Wood turners and Hand carver groups also meeting at specific times each month.
Our current annual membership fee is $50.00 with a joining fee of $30.00. On joining, you will receive a personalised Guild badge, a wallet sized membership card (this provides discounts to selected local suppliers), a Members’ Handbook (which enables you to receive training on available equipment), and, during your initial visit to the clubroom, any available Committee member will familiarise you with all club facilities and arrange for you to attend a compulsory induction session.